- Gulf Life insurance Company (GLIC) was established at end of 2007 as a subsidiary of Gulf Insurance Group (gig), it was the first and only local spe cialized Life & health Insurance Company in the market.
- Recently: Gulf Life Insurance Company (GLIC) has changed its name to be Gulf Insurance and Reinsurance Company (GIRI) and changed its license to be composite insurer. Nowadays, the company operates with paid-up capital of KD 15,000,000 from being KD 5 million in 2007.
- Currently Gulf Insurance and Reinsurance company (GIRI) is the largest insurance company in Kuwait in terms of written and retained premiums in terms of life , medical and motor segments and its activities are further supported by first class reinsurance security.
- Through customer-centric approach, Gulf Insurance & Reinsurance Company offers range of products and services involving various classes of conventional insurance: Motor, Marine & Aviation, Property & Casualty, Engineering and Life & Health. Our products and services are designed and developed in collaboration with leading international insurance and reinsurance companies to meet individuals’ and corporate customers’ insurance requirements.
Insurer of choice
- By cultivating a team of over 300 life and non-life insurance experts trained to offer clients the most practical advice and dedicated attention and with a growing network of 14 branches accessible throughout Kuwait. The company has always been recognized for its professional excellency.
- Gulf Insurance & Reinsurance Company has created a competitive edge in its market through the implementation of a comprehensive approach involving use of Information Technology, Product Innovation; Customer Relations Management, and prudent underwriting practices.
- GULF INSURANCE & REINSURANCE COMPANY’s capitalization and usage of the latest technologies has immensely contributed to the company’s operational efficiency, customer service satisfaction, and company profitability .GULF INSURANCE & REINSURANCE COMPANY’s state-of-the art web based information technology applications link of all its operations in one unified universe. A comprehensive database of clients has been built which allowing improved customer relationship management, customer service and support.
- As part of our continued efforts to promote customer convenience, GULF INSURANCE & REINSURANCE COMPANY was the first insurance company in Kuwait to launch online sales of insurance products over the internet (www.Clickgic.com). Applying the latest technologies with better, safer and easier access to various customer insurance product round the clock, this application was deployed in 2008. The application allows customers to issue and renew Motor and Boat TPL insurance, renew Motor comprehensive insurance, and issue Travel Assist insurance and many other services on the move. The services can be obtained locally and abroad. The company has facilitated a secure and safe payment gateway for customers to proceed with payment via K-NET or credit cards. They can collect their policy from any of our branches or can utilize the GULF INSURANCE & REINSURANCE COMPANY delivery service, guaranteeing delivery within 48 hours.
- In our continued efforts to introduce innovative technology solutions geared toward servicing our customers. GULF INSURANCE & REINSURANCE COMPANY was also the first insurance company in Kuwait and the region to introduce the sale and renewal of insurance product over smart phones. The iPhone application was launched in 2012 and most recently Android application in 2014 offering online sale of Motor, Marine, Travel and Domestic Helper policies.
- GULF INSURANCE & REINSURANCE COMPANY was also the first company in Kuwait to introduce the first online medical application in 2010 . Serving more than 54,000 customers over 200 medical providers with over 1000 users connected online. The state of the art application has revolutionized the medical process shifting from the traditional paper based claims to fully electronic claims. The application allows medical providers to inquire about customer medical policy details, create new medical claims, obtain necessary approvals, and process treatments electronically with any use of paper. The application is connected online with a 24/7 call center to provide any assistance to customers and medical providers.
- A document archival solution was implemented and seamlessly integrated with core insurance systems. In addition to eliminating the huge volume of physical documents, the solution has well transformed various back office functions including claim auditing and approval to become more efficient and productive.
- In an effort to keep pace with the technology changes and to scale up with the growing business demands, gig successfully implemented Server Virtualization using VMware on latest range of HP Blade Servers and HP Storage. gig also put into operations latest Core Switch, Firewalls and Intrusion Prevention Systems to enhance its network and security infrastructure..
- The Information Technology Department of GULF INSURANCE & REINSURANCE COMPANY, Kuwait is certified for BS 7799 / ISO 27001 for information security, since 2005. This has streamlined the internal IT operations and reassured the customers of the security of their information. GULF INSURANCE & REINSURANCE COMPANY is also the first company in Kuwait to be upgraded for ISO 27001:2013 from ISO 27001:2005.
- GULF INSURANCE & REINSURANCE COMPANY’s technology mission is to be the insurance leader in using innovative solutions to better serve our customer.